Want to Contribute to the DEC Website?
The Design Educators Community Steering Committee welcomes your submission for publication on educators.aiga.org. Our editors will review your contribution as a draft and if accepted your will work with a DEC editor to prepare for publication. We reserve the right to edit submissions for length and content or may request revisions before publishing.
Please review the following in preparing your contribution for review:
• Articles submitted for consideration should be of interest to the community of design educators and relevant to the discipline.
• Posts should not be blatantly promotional.
• Be succinct. Online attention spans are short.
• Article length should not exceed 1000 words (but can include external links)
• full URLs for hyperlinks with indication to referenced text
• all relevant information if your submission has been previously published elsewhere
• a suggested title for your submission
• Submit a draft via Google Docs, PDF, or a Word Document
• When you are ready to submit please fill out this google form
Once your draft is reviewed and accepted for contribution, you will be contacted by a DEC Steering Committee Member to set a timeline and prepare your contribution for posting. At this time you will be asked to:
• Include supporting imagery separately in jpg format (2MB size limit) with any caption info in the accompanying text document including references to the image by file name. Images must be placed in the document.
• Submit (at least one) image/s to accompany the post (i.e. “landing.jpg”) as the top landing graphic; this should be 1000 pixels width (but no larger than 2 Mb, 300 dpi).
• Submit one image for social media (600 pixels width save as .jpg, 300 dpi)
• Submit short captions for images (annotated in the document at the end, e.g.; Image 1, Caption 1, etc)
• Submit contributor’s headshot(s) (in B&W, close up)
• Use Chicago Style guidelines.
• Include a brief (100 words max.) author bio with school affiliation and program information (if applicable). Links to your website or blog can be included. Please also include a headshot (B&W).