Guidelines for Submissions
The Design Educators Community Steering Committee welcomes your submission for publication on educators.aiga.org. Our editors will review your article before publication and evaluate it based on the below guidelines. We reserve the right to edit submissions for length and content or may request revisions before publishing.
Please review the following topics in preparing your article for submission:
Articles submitted for consideration should be of interest to the community of design educators and relevant to the discipline.
Posts should not be blatantly promotional.
Be succinct. Online attention spans are short.
Article length should not exceed 1000 words (but can include external links).
• Submit proposed article in a Word or Pages document.
• Include supporting imagery separately in jpg format (2MB size limit) with any caption info in accompanying text document with references to image by file name.
• Use Chicago Style guidelines.
• a brief (150 words max.) author bio with school affiliation and program information (if applicable). Links to your website or blog can be included. Please also include a headshot.
• a suggested title for your submission.
• full URLs for hyperlinks below article text with indication to referenced text.
• all relevant information if your submission has been previously published elsewhere.