Registration is open: Participate in Decipher 2018!
Come learn with us at Decipher 2018!
We have received a large number of quality submissions for sessions at Decipher, and we want you to benefit from the unique experience we’re creating at Decipher. Our registration is now open for participants (non-facilitators, i.e. engaged attendees). This is going to be the design research learning and networking event of the year! You won’t want to miss it!
Because of our engaging format (see below) and our commitment to including everyone in the sessions and scholarly outputs of the conference, we ask anyone interested in attending to submit the following via EasyChair (our conference submission system):
- Personal contact information (name, title, email, etc)
- Title of your written piece
- Up to 5 Keywords related to your written piece
- A 250-word written submission (abstract) related to Decipher 2018’s themes and topics
- A 140-character summary of your written piece (for promotional and social media purposes)
- A bio, 150 words or less
- Headshot: 500x500px, 300ppi JPEG
- NOTE: You do NOT need to use the template included in the original Call for Participation
Expand your network
Most conferences only showcase the research interests of selected “presenters,” but at Decipher 2018 we are interested in making everyone’s areas of interest accessible to all. As a participant, submitting a brief written statement indicates your interest in specific conference topics, enables organizers to match you with specific facilitators and sessions, and will create valuable networking opportunities for you throughout the event. Your 250-word submission will be included in the conference proceedings. Decipher will be a great opportunity for you to engage with other designers, educators, and researchers and expand your network.
Once we receive your submission, we’ll send you a code to register for the conference.
We look forward to seeing you in Ann Arbor this September!
Decipher will be a hands-on design research conference brought to you by the AIGA Design Educators Community in partnership with the new DARIA Network (Design as Research in the Americas). The event will address crucial themes of defining, doing, disseminating, supporting, and teaching design research.
Decipher 2018: Design Educators Research Conference
Penny W. Stamps School of Art & Design at University of Michigan
September 27–29 2018
Decipher 2018’s themes and topics (PDF)
Hosted by the Penny W. Stamps School of Art & Design at University of Michigan, Decipher will:
• Connect emerging and experienced design researchers in academia and beyond
• Gather and share best practices, resources, tools, and exemplary research matter
• Help participants hone research plans and writing skills
• Create opportunities for dialogues that foster mentorship and collaborative connections
Is this conference for me?
YES! Our unique conference format welcomes novices and experts alike, and designers of all stripes. This intimate gathering will reinforce hands-on, person-to-person discussion, collaboration, networking, and professional development. Through activity groups, workshops, and other structured conversational formats, your involvement will help participants to gather ideas, best practices, and other exemplary research-oriented matter. We plan to offer resources, tools, and mentorship to our design communities to strengthen the collective quality of our research.