Decipher Deadline Extended!
You’ll no longer have to choose between finishing your taxes on time and submitting to Decipher—we have extended the deadline!
- Facilitators: May 15, 2018 (acceptance notification: June 29, 2018)
- Participants: August 1st, 2018 (rolling acceptance notifications)
- Equity Scholarships & Graduate forum: June 15, 2018
We know it is an insane time of the year for everyone, but we really want YOU to be part of this participatory, intimate and FUN design research conference that will take place September 27–29 in beautiful Ann Arbor, Michigan. So we have extended the deadline in an effort to encourage you to take part.
Decipher will focus on defining, doing, disseminating, supporting, and teaching design research, and will include three participation modalities: activity groups, conversations, and workshops.
- Do you want to facilitate or be part of a session encompassing hands-on activities, micro-presentations, and collaborative work? Activity groups are for you!
- Do you want to be in a more relaxed environment focused on the exchange of ideas and arguments? Sign up for Conversations!
- Do you want to be involved in a more classroom-oriented learning experience? Direct your submission to Workshops!
Each session will have facilitators and participants. We ask everyone—potential facilitators AND participants—to submit an initial proposal because: 1) we want to acknowledge the ideas of all the conference participants and 2) find the best ways to connect you to ignite collaborations and better understandings regarding design research. In addition to their initial submission, those selected as facilitators will commit to lead, document, and report a session of the conference.
Remember, we also have ten Decipher Equity Scholarships of $1,000 for travel and lodging. We encourage design scholars, students and practitioners belonging to underrepresented groups to apply. The extended deadline for the equity scholarships is June 15, 2018.
We look forward to seeing you in Ann Arbor this September! Please get in touch with us if you have questions, and forward this message to your friends, colleagues, and students.
decipher2018 (at) umich (dot) edu